John L. Scott Real Estate
What’s Your Home Worth? Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. THIS PROMOTION IS NOT SPONSORED BY, ENDORSED BY, ADMINISTERED BY OR OTHERWISE ASSOCIATED OR AFFILIATED WITH FACEBOOK, GOOGLE OR LINKEDIN.
- Timing: The What’s Your Home Worth? Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins on May 10, 2021, at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on May 14, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. PT (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- *John L. Scott Real Estate (“Sponsor”) computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including D.C.) who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry and who own a home (single family, condominium, townhouse, apartment) in Washington, Oregon or Kootenai County, ID.
- Employees of John L. Scott Real Estate, and any of its affiliate companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, in-laws, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and by the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit johnlscott.com/home-valuation. You can access the page (a) directly; (b) via clicking the promotion email or ad tab. In the “What’s Your Home Value” box, enter the address of the residence you own in one of the Eligible Zip Codes. Click the search icon. Your home’s estimated value will be displayed along with other market data regarding your home. Next, click on the “I am the Owner” orange tab to verify your ownership status and “claim” your home. You will be asked to login to Facebook, Google or LinkedIn by clicking on the preferred icon.
- For Facebook: Visit http://facebook.com and log into or create a Facebook account using your valid email address that you select to use for your Facebook account. Creating an account is free, but the use of Facebook is governed by its terms of service (available at https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms Your account settings must be set to “unprotected” and/or “public” in order for your Facebook posts to be viewable by Sponsor and its agents. Posting on Facebook from your mobile device may incur message and data rates. Please consult your wireless service provider regarding its pricing plans.
- For Google: Visit accounts.google.com/login and log into or create a Google account. Creating an account is free, but the use of Google is governed by its terms of service (available at https://policies.google.com/terms?gl=US&hl=en). Accessing your Google account from your mobile device may incur message and data rates. Please consult your wireless service provider regarding its pricing plans.
- For LinkedIn: Visit linkedin.com/login and log into or create a LinkedIn account. Creating an account is free, but the use of LinkedIn is governed by its user agreement (available at https://www.linkedin.com/legal/user-agreement?trk=d_checkpoint_rm_rememberMeOrganicLogin_ft_user_agreement). Accessing your LinkedIn account from your mobile device may incur message and data rates. Please consult your wireless service provider regarding its pricing plans.
Once you complete these steps to “claim” your home, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit: You may enter the Sweepstakes only one (1) time during the Sweepstakes Period. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification of participant and voiding of all of participant’s entries. In the event of a dispute as to any title, the person on record with the appropriate taxing authority will be deemed to be the homeowner.
The Eligible locations are Washington, Oregon or Kootenai County, ID.
- Winner Selection and Notification: On or around the dates set forth in the chart above, Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential prize winners as follows: Drawings will take place at Sponsor’s headquarters as set forth below. Winners need not be present. Potential winners will be notified by mail or telephone on or about one (1) week after the drawing. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within ten (10) days of the first attempt to contact him/her, potential winner forfeits prize, and an alternate participant will be selected in his/her place at random from among all remaining eligible entries received during the sweepstakes period.
- Prize: ONE (1) PRIZE WINNER: There will be one (1) Sweepstakes prize winner. There will be one (1) price. The verified winner will receive one thousand dollars ($1,000) via a gift card. FOR PRIZE: No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of prize permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component with cash or another prize of comparable or greater value. Winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Prizes will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied offered by Sponsor. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the relevant Phase of the Sweepstakes Period. Limit: One (1) prize per person. Winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules in order to claim a prize. Prizes consist only of those items specifically listed as part of the prize – any item, feature, cost or expense not specifically listed as part of the prize is the sole responsibility of the winner.
- General Conditions: Sponsor is not responsible for problems with the submissions, including, but not limited to, lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, or cancel the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor will select the winner(s) from the eligible entries received prior to the modification, suspension, or cancellation. Sponsor agrees to take such action in a fair and appropriate manner. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the submission process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any other participant’s submission or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Release and Limitation of Liability: BY RECEIPT OF ANY PRIZE, WINNER AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, FACEBOOK, INC., GOOGLE LLC, LINKEDIN CORPORATION AND ANY PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS, OF EACH OF THEIR PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, AFFILIATE AND RELATED COMPANIES, AND EACH OF ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION OF ANY KIND ARISING, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by participants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (3) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of Sweepstakes submissions, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (4), late, lost, undeliverable, or damaged mail; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize or while traveling to or from any prize-related activity. Each winner also further acknowledges that the Released Parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law relative to any prize or this Sweepstakes including but not limited to quality, condition or fitness for a particular purpose. If for any reason a participant’s submission is confirmed to have been erroneously lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, participant’s sole remedy is another submission and thereby another entry into the Sweepstakes. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
- Disputes: Participant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate courts located in the State of Washington, U.S.A.; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Washington, U.S.A. or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington, U.S.A.
- Sponsor: John L. Scott Real Estate, 11040 Main St. Suite 100
- Winners’ List: For the winner’s name, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, along with a request to “What’s Your Home Worth” Sweepstakes, 11040 Main St. Suite 100 ATTN: Digital Strategies Department. Requests must be received by May 31, 2021.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Google or LinkedIn. Information is being provided to Sponsor, not Facebook, Google or LinkedIn.